Friday, August 22, 2008

Boring Activities

What will you do if you have nothing much to do during your holiday and you have friends that are as boring as you?

I have been lepak-ing with William for the past few days...since last Friday outing.

On Tuesday, we both did something meaningful followed by something stupid. First we went to visit Paul's dad at SJMC with Kevin and Tommy. But before that, we went to buy fruits at Leisure Mall and what make us headache is figuring which basket can fit in those fruits. We actually removing those fruits from the plastic bag and place in the basket before buying the basket. Men doing woman's job...difficult moment for us.

'take care uncle'

After that, me and William went for a cendol and rojak nearby Leissure Mall while waiting for Joanna to reach home.

cendol and rojak...

cendol was cooling as usual but the rojak doesn't taste right...should have buy goreng pisang instead.

After that, pick up Joanna and we head to KLIA. Why? Someone have to fly to Australia to meet her hubby and brother. Another reason why we are sending her off is because we really have nothing better to do provide that she will treat us dinner! haha

Joanna is checking in

dinner at DELIFRANCE

the stoners with me (ignore his face)

After dinner, it is time for her to fly. So we both went home~ McD ice cream plan failed due to traffic jam.

Suppose to have badminton game on Thursday night but have to cancel it due to shortage of 'man power'. Even though badminton game has been canceled, but Andrew call up to have dinner together. Finally he felt guilty for not meeting us since long long time ago...

So this time is me, William and Andrew going to have dinner at...Yew Lik Pasar Malam!!!
We started off with Mua-chi. It is very famous in Penang, but I bet not many of us had tasted before flavoured Mua-chi. This is also my very first time.

3 flavoured Mua-chi

You get either mix up with maximum 3 flavoures. There are 6 choices included plain Mua-chi. Andrew chose green tea, mango and lychee flavour and it just cost RM3.00 per box.

Then we come to this pork satay which cost RM1.00 per stick. Not worth it cause the sauce they provide is chicken rice chillies. But the satay is quite big compared to the normal satay we usually eat.

pork satay...

next stop, Yew Lik famous makan spot at Yew Lik ofcourse. We went there because Andrew want to have Lin Chee Kang.

the 'tong sui' or sweet water. lol

I got myself a 'fa sang wu' or Peanut Paste (1 of my favorite beside redbean), William ordered a 'mak zuk' or Oat Porridge while Andrew ofcourse got his 'lin chee kang' or lotus seed soup. (not sure what is the 'kang' stands for). It cost RM1 something each bowl, forgotten the price. Beside this, William have a prawn noodle as well.

After that, we continue walking in the night market and hunt for more food.

I bought 5 Apung for RM2.00 and while waiting for the Apung to get ready, we observed how well this married couple work together without talking through out the whole preparation. Silent Communication is the highest level in communication? maybe they can read each other mind.

Apung

One thing I found very weird is I dont know why did they roll 3 apung and fold the other 2.
Next we got fried potatoe balls and fried chempedak. All together RM4.00 if not mistaken.

Then we come to this grill bean curt stall and I decided to order 2 bean curt which cost me RM1 each. Then the boss asked me weather I want to have the grilled dried squid or not and I simply answer him yes. Guess what?? that bloody 1 piece of grill dried squid cost me 7 freaking bucks!!!

my RM9.00 grilled junk food...

it hurts my wallet to the max and I got no mood to enjoy the standing steamboat with them right after this.

William and Andrew having 'Fei Lou luk luk'

We all end this night market outing with a nice cooling redbean ice. It cost RM1.00 each and it is damn sweet!!!

redbean ice!!

so, total I have spent RM14 on that night because we share the food except for the satay and the ice.

Really enjoy the time with these bastards...haha. Hope to have more bastards to join us next time. Remind me of the old days about 2 to 3 years ago...

No comments: