Friday, October 16, 2009

week 1

time flies, I have started my internship for a week already!

first day in operator answering calls and get familiar with front office staff and some information. then been placed in bell service for a week and still counting.

due to previously did some bell service back in Golden Sands, it was kind of easy to pick up. just need to adapt their system and procedures which is almost the same. need to wake up at 5am and sleep at 10pm everyday for morning shift, makes me having the same life style like my aunt, finally. but not long because I started afternoon shift as well that leave them no choice but to hand me the house keys. only temporary because I am moving out soon!!!

found a room in Aljunied, 4 stations away from City Hall. nearer, more food available, more freedom but one problem, it is near Geylang. the red district is about few blocks away but been told there is where all the good food are. uncle was kind of worry because of the surrounding, but I am ready to be more independant. although need to stay with Jin. again.

anyway, the staff in hotel were friendly and majority of them are from Malaysia. easy to get along with. not so systematic which means kind of flexible in everything and everyone still learning and trying to improve in every way. enjoying it so far and the best part is getting few bucks tips everyday which are more than enough to cover my expenditure on food each day. still not depend on tips to survive each day due to home cook food and staff meal. but sooner I will need it.

been told soon I will be place in front desk as receptionist, thats mean no more tips for me. ouch! but I am looking forward to it.

feels great again as I am back to serving people at the lobby once again, maybe it is in my blood. am I born to be in this industry? still cant tell. but I am enjoying every moment now...

No comments: