Saturday, October 24, 2009

freedoom!

after 9 months plus of staying with relative without much freedom, finally the verbal contract of staying with them has expired. (between me and my mom)

since internship already begun while Jin's will starts soon, we need to find a place as soon as possible. after some arrangement to view a room, we decided to take it immediately, kind of a desperate act as we did not view few more rooms and compare. rookie on this and kind of got pushed by the agent.

whatever it is, we found the place to move out and enjoy freedom and be totally independent, finally.

lucky for me to work on afternoon shift on second week which gave me enough time to move in in the morning.

all packed and ready to go.

the nearest MRT station is Aljunied, which is just 2 stations away from Bugis. I can take my own sweet time to the work place.

last Sunday we move in some stuff followed by major shifting on Monday. lucky enough for me to work on afternoon shift on second week, so I can get everything done in the morning.

from Aljunied station, walks around 7 to 10 minutes depends on the traffic.

pass by some shops and and resident area through the path way on right side.

cross this main road, thats why is depends on the traffic. either jay cross it or wait for cars to stop.

if you dont know where the hell is Aljunied and think the name is kind of cool. you are wrong!

Aljunied is just the station's name which located at Aljunied Road. The place I am staying is actually located at..

yes, Geylang it is.

the famous red light district area in Singapore. when people ask me where am I staying now, I will reply Aljunied. because if I say Geylang, they will go (o_O") and say "Geylang?" in a suspicious tone as if I am staying with a huge group of prostitutes.

but this place is not as complicated as you think although it is very close to the happening place.

it is more like a condo/ apartment rather than HDB flat. thats why we are paying 800SGD per month!!!

the place got a cool name called Cosy Lodge

its just an 8 storey building with resident code to enter this place. no security though but feel more safe in this area.

although it is near to red light district, but there is where all the good food located according to some locals. especially after sunset

800 rental includes utilities, TV, wardrobe, washing machine, fridge, light cooking, air conditioner and double decker bed!

view from 4 corners in the room. I got a table for my laptop while Jin prefer sitting on the floor. before this is a queen size bed but we insist to have separate bed. so, the landlord bought double decker bed for us.

one thing is the housemates here are not friendly at all. but we dont bother that much. until now, I only exchange conversation with 2 housemates and smile/ nod head with 2 more. Others? not even look me in the eyes. and they are Malaysians!

what about my internship you might ask, or maybe not. but I will tell you anyway.

its my second week in bell service and been working in the afternoon shift for few days before having 2 graveyard shift followed by an off day on Saturday. it was my first time working at late night. it was a whole new kind of experience.

bell service that include duties of room service and housekeeping is something new. I have to send blankets, pillows, extra bed, soaps or even ice to guest room upon request. besides late check in, early check out and sending newspaper. most of the time I just sit at the counter and read book or chit chat with security and technicians.

graveyard shift is like having jet lack because I'll slept whole day. when I off to work, people are going back home. when I come, people just woke up. but enjoying it so far and morning shift again. =D

by the way, soon I have to start my internship report and final project. 20,000 + words for both.

and Jin's internship will be at Clarke Quay instead of Changi. WTF. we could have find a cheaper place to rent at purple line. but who cares, he is the one who got doomed!

No comments: