Tuesday, December 09, 2008

aikz...

every time when we wanted to apply, renew anything that is important and related to government. There is 1 thing we must do, which is get up very very very early in the morning so that we can get it done as soon as possible and go home. Because it normally will takes up to hours and always have a very long queue plus the people working in these places are well known as slow workers.

so far, renew driving leisense is the fastest where we can actually witness the whole process right in front of us. Guess that our leisense is really nothing...just a laminated paper which allowed us to drive around.

few weeks back, I have to renew my passport which I only used twice since I got my own passport 5 years ago back in 2003. Went to Australia that year with family (that is why I need a passport that time) and 2005 went to Singapore with William, Win Datt, Yanjie and Kevin Kumar for Christmas. 5 years travel twice, not really worth it right???

On 1 off day, my mom woke me up at 6.30am and without any breakfast. We went to the one at Wangsa Maju. Now only I know there are only 2 places for passport making in whole Klang Valley, another one near Damansara.

after a little bit of traffic jam, we reached the place at 7.23am. I was confused cause there are many people standing at the roadside like those illegal parking instructors who con your money and said will look after your car when you are not around. But normally there is only 1 in 1 place, but this time there were plenty.

get the car parked and get parking ticket from the machine which means they are not parking instructor or car park security guard. They cant protect my car also cause most of them are kids or aunties. (I am not sexist or look down on them ok?)

then there is this awful clothes cobination auntie approached us and said full package, RM13. What full package so cheap only cost RM 13?? full body massage?? but I need to renew my passport....

She then lead us to her very small office and kept saying, her offer is the cheapest, we can line up to take numbers after everything is done here. But my mom still went to line up first. So she took a photo of me and filled up the application form for me.

the tiny office with business...

then went to look for my mom and I got the number.

wow, 2 numbers more to go only....so fast!!!
luckily didnt listen to that awful dressed auntie.

another information for readers out there, there is no minimum years for your passport to be valid like driving leisence where we can choose 3 years or 5 years. But our government are very clever, they suck off RM300 from you first for 5 years and how many times you are going to travel is not of their business. So, think wisely before you decide to renew or get your passport. If you are not a often traveller, then think again...

I renew it cause I applying to study in Singapore next year. Sufficient reason to renew and pay RM300...

normally we have to wait for atleast 2 hours after payment before getting our passport as per stated in the payment receipt. But about 20minutes after payment, I got my passport and leave the place at 8.25am. Just 1 hour!!!

this is because woke up early, pay RM13 for people to fill up the form for us plus the technology they are using now. Fast and efficient.

when we left...
saw this outside which located right beside the Imegrasion Centre.

"ma...we got conned~"

No comments: