Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am not going to become Kiasu!!!

Here is the full report on my journey from Malaysia to Singapore and also first few days in Singapore.
on a very beautiful morning, I left my home...

ready to start a new chapter of my life...

glad that the sky looks so beautiful on the day I left my beloved home and family and friends...

mom sent me to the bus station but left before the bus came...maybe because I am only leaving to Singapore, so not a big matter. lol...

on the way to Singapore.

Not sure where is this place cause I slept, woke up, slept and woke up for few times...but everytime I woke up and look out the glass window of the bus..the sky is still so blue and clouds are still so white. Thanks, Sky...for accompanying me all the way from my home to a new home of mine...

leaving Johor...

crossing Second Link...

Tebrau Straits...

I am in Singapore!!!! Thats Johor across the bridge..

Second Link is much more shorter compared to the Penang Bridge and Singapore is smaller than Penang too...but they are so canggih...sigh..

my uncle picked me up from Golden Mile Comples (full with Thais), had lunch and went straight to look for my potential laptop and prepaid card.

this is the place I am staying now.

Hougang street 22...with my far side relative. very paiseh one lo~ but what to do, living cost is damn high here, so no choice..

this is my sleeping corner...not really a room because it is a working room for my uncle and they only have a bed for me to sleep. No wardrobe, so my clothes will be in these bags all the time...

first night, this is what I saw...

no more KL night view and cant online...nothing to do but sleep at 9pm. (very the early right??)

Next day, meet up with Jin.

this fella over here....
yes, for the next one year..I'll be seeing him almost everyday..after 2 and half years in Sunway, now in Singapore. because we took the same course and I managed to enroll in January intake. If not he will be my senior...
things must have when travel around Singapore.

an EZlink card for transportation, a city map or better known as the country map, mrt system map and money!!! Soon will try to apply for Nets..something like credit card but pay with what you have. So no need to bring cash but just deduct from the card. Not until I got my student pass...
went to see my college at Bugis...

next day will be start studying here..yeah yeah yeah!!!

then walk around Bugis, North Bridge Road, Orchard Road and City Hall...then to Jurong and lastly go to Jin's place. With the map, I nearly explored the whole Singapore in one day...and those directions and road signs helps alot. Despite I know Singapore more in just 1 day compared to knowing KL after 20 years.

no doubt, the mrt system is so good that you dont feel tired to go anywhere. But quite costly also.
he have this super nice lake view at Lakeside (12 floor) and mrt station is super near from his place compared to mine.

this is what I can see from my place.(3rd floor only, cant expect much) And there are some uncles aunties chit chatting down stairs until midnight...everyday!!!
start class and as I said, I am only having 3 hours class everyday.
went to have lunch at Mos Burger.
rice burger....
been craved for this for such a long time since the first time back in 2005 when Kevin Kumar introduce this to us. almost 3 years plus later. I have the chance to taste this japanese style burger again. But it is even smaller than my mouse and it cost me SGD 7.10 with small fries and small carbonated drink. (just once in awhile will do...)
the food here are cheap, if dont convert. SGD 2.50 for a plate of nasi lemak with egg, chicken, fish and sambal....what else can you ask for???
then got my laptop wednesday before go to class...
Acer baby!!!
even with laptop, I has been struggled alot to be able to online. If can find a place with wireless, it will be good but getting it to connect needs hell lot of time or I just too stupid to do all these shit. Register...bla bla bla bla and yet cant online and never send the password for me to login!!! (face problem T.T)
even if they have wireless, the plug around Singapore are so limited...so maximum I can online for 2 hours. Minus the time for getting the connection...so, roughly about 1 and half hour only. Sigh......
been told the whole Singapore will have wireless by 2012...haizzz...cant wait till then.
on Thursday, I did my medical checkup in order to get my student pass...
wonder what is my blood type???
then got my phone number....and it is +6594672704. DONT CALL ME!!! cause I have to pay 7% government service tax everytime you call me. So, just sms will do...
I think thats all from me for now.
cheers everyone...
I do miss every single one of you back in Malaysia...
take care~

No comments: