Sunday, July 27, 2008

Big Day

9.30am, my mom woke me up then rush me to take my shower and have my breakfast.
at this point, bro walking in and out from room..mom making up and me still crawling out from my bed...

After getting everything ready...we head to somewhere far away from city.

I have never been to this place before but it it very famous in this country as well as Internationally..not quite but still up to a certain level.

The person who in charge of this place likes black very much...

buildings are black in colour...

chairs, walls, food selling outlets, shops and even people who work here have to wear black...basically everything are in black.

beside that, they also concern on..

the last one would be 'Leadership'

alright, I am too lazy to continue with this...
so yes!! I am in Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (LUCT)

live band in Plaza

What am I doing here in LUCT on a Saturday morning??
don't worry, I am not here to look around or register for next intake as I have another 1 more week to complete my diploma and I am not interested to study here.

but I am not the only person here who having the same objective...

look at the crowd...

me and my mom come here for this person..

yes, my elder brother..(having his stone-a-like fish and chips)

No, no..this is not his first day of school where he needs us to accompany him to make sure he go in to the right class or not wetting his pants..

today he will be graduating from this place!!! Big day for this man here.

we reached about 11.15am and we have to stone at Plaza until 2pm before entering the hall.
we had our lunch there and brother just telling me all kind of story in this place...
No doubt this place is huge, but I am not interested to walk around and explore. So I just sit there and chat while look around, but all I can see is people in black clothes walking around.

one thing is very interesting, this whole place only have 3 escalators..
and one is watched by a female security guard...

2 escalators in the cafeteria or better known as 'Plaza' for people in here.
and the escalator above is specially and only for the person who in-charge of this place...another 1 is in the office or something while the 3rd one is near the hall and it is for loading heavy stuff..
so, actually there is no escalator for others...

so many walking and stairs climbing are required here.

and even visitors like me have to walk all the way up to the so called 'Hall of Fame' where the function is held.

as you know, the main colour here is black..so dont have to expect much from the hall.
but somehow I find it colourful the moment I look up from where I sit...

thanks to these countries flags..

but it still quite dark in here because of the lighting...

theme for this graduation day...

the word 'global' have to do with those flags...there will be students from 30 countries who are going to graduate today.

after stoning inside the hall for another 30minutes, finally the graduands enter the hall...
and I saw my brother in his Hogward uniform...

'I am graduating today..yeah!!'

after some time...finally all the square heads hats got their seats..about 500 of them.

and all of us have to stand up and welcome the VIP or better known as education council or something..

here is the man that behind all these black things...(the one who walks slightly faster)

about 20+ of them if not mistaken, only 5 of them are useful that day...others are just pure background through out the whole ceremony.

before the ceremony starts, they have 2 video presentations and the emcee purposely highlight that both videos were in-house products..wonder why?? hmmmm

then there is a song presented by this girl from Bangladesh..

majority of us dont know what is she singing because is a Bangladeshi song with something to do with friendships...

so finally it starts...
after all the diploma graduands and it has come to my brother's turn...

there you go, Edmund Low with his Bachelor of Arts for Interior Architecture.
followed by another 200 graduands from other faculties...

then there comes second performance, a chinese guy singing I Believe I can Fly. He said, sing along if you know the words...

so here is 1 funny incident..

on the right side...
we have 500 super high graduands singing along...

and on the left side, we have...

errr....uncles, aunties who think that they are attending an orchestra concert.

second round is individual award giving time...

my bro is up again for Best in Innovative Design. It was his final assignments and got him this award.

followed by a speech from Tan Sri...

and another performance...4 of them singing You Raise Me Up.
Graduands are as high as before but mainly been force by the organisers (just to create the atmosphere) wonder what if they ask the parents to join them??

then the ceremony end with a powerful singing from this lady...

she sang Simply The Best, seriously she is the best on the afternoon..her voice is so powerful that it will make your heart stop. Someone should sign her...haha

as the graduands enjoying with the performer...

on the left side, they still react the same..

so sad...anyway, I sit behind the graduands..so, not that obvious.

during all 4 performances, the VIPs just stone behind the performers...basically 20 over of them just have a grand entrance, stone through out the whole ceremony while only 4 of them giving out certs and 1 giving speech. Then they have a grand exit and have free food.

for all the visitors, there are only 2 climax moments for them. First is when the person they came for get on stage and receive the cert and the second one will be refreshment after the ceremony.

my brother paid 80bucks for his Hogward costume and 2 tickets for us. But all we got for refreshment are pastries while waiting for the graduands to have a group photo in the hall.

it doesn't really matter at all because I am exhausted and want to go home as soon as possible.

But party is not over yet, because we haven't took any photos with the man himself.

and the following are some of the family photos we got on the big day.

the man with the woman behind all his success, our mom!!!

I asked mom after that, why didnt she cry..she say no feeling. aikz~
but I know she is very proud of my brother...at least now left 1 burden only, which is me!!!

the man with his only brother who so willingly to attend the ceremony and become his camera man. (mom took this, not bad huh??)

a family photo!!! love this so much as smiles on our faces are so natural...(wish that dad could be here to share the joy)

after outdoor, we continue photo taking in indoor.

me and my bro again...(mom took this, much better..hehe)

another family photo without any photographer...thanks to me again!! haha

another photo with mom...

then it is hat throwing time, but didnt turn out well...

first shot...something HUGE dropping from the sky~

second shot...kayu with flying hat...

aihhh...forget it and back to normal posing...

Congratulation brother!!!

this is not the end of his journey in LUCT, because he have to work here for 1 year due to the scholarship thingy...good luck bro!!!

No comments: