Friday, July 18, 2008

final deli service

12 weeks ago, I have switched my mind back to study mode after 5 months staying away from classes, lecturers, notes, traffic jam and most of all...study!!!

even though not fully switched, but at least 60% I guess...anyhow, after 1 week of preparation and get used to the environment once again, 10 of us chosen Deli operation instead of Integrated Marketing Management (IMM) or International Tourism Marketing (ITM).

Advantages of choosing Deli operation are:
1. there will be no exam during exam week but marks will be given based on weekly performance.
2. there are only 10 operations and we will end 1 week earlier compared to others.
3. even though we have Restaurant Business Operation class, but as what I said, no exam.
4. there are only 10 of us, so lecturer know us well and marks will be given properly. (its all based on our strengths and weaknesses)
5. we learn how to fully operates a small restaurant and also small kitchen (all by ourselves)
6. we have free meal on every friday!!

Disadvantage is we have to go to college everyday but others only until thursday.

Anyway,who cares about the pros and cons about choosing Deli. The only thing that I concern is I really enjoy it!!!

from thinking what theme we should have to what menu we should cook...but it all ends in a blink of eyes. I mean, crap!!! This is our last Deli operation!!!!

To conclude this wonderful experience and whole 10 weeks of service, JJ as the supervisor decided to have the theme, Original Deli. Well, it seems like very meaningful but 1 of the reasons behind it is we are too lazy to think of another theme and do deco. (shhhh) But come on, it is a brilliant idea to sum it up right?

this is what I meant by small kitchen, the preparation kitchen is bigger than our production kitchen.

Instead of having a new menu, the kitchen side also decided to have the high selling dish in the past 9 weeks.

Introducing, Menu of the Day

Vietnamese Soup aka Anna's soup. But this time cook by Chin Yi with guides from Anna herself.

Roast Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich. Used to prepared by me with smoked cajun chicken but this time by Omer.

Tomato and Spinach Quiche, prepared by Kok Foong. Vegetarian is needed in the menu, but it always the least welcome dish.

Chicken Meatballs Fussili by Akungee. Remember JJ's balls meatballs spaghetti? Its almost the same, just they change the pasta.

Mango Cheesecake by our dessert master, Desmond. Cake is totally his specialty, no doubt.
Dont believe me?? How about this??

Chocolate Banana Cake with mud cake's body. Cool eh? Another Desmond's masterpiece dessert. The cake is so nice that I only need to take 1 photo and thats it.

the whole service was not bad and actually quite smooth...but we were busy until 1.15pm only, its like 45minutes before closing. This is all because exam weeks and many students were not in the college.

the service team with checked shirts...

group photo without camera man(few seconds before this pic, I knocked my left knee on the floor..ouch!!)

after lunch, more fun time in Deli as this is our last time here.

another group pic without camera man...haha

its been fun working with you guys, although we do face some hard time during operation and quarrel for some reasons. But the end result will wipe off all the unwanted hard feelings. If I did anything wrong thats upset you guys, I am sorry for that. We all form a good team even though we are the smallest group, but our performance does the talking. Thanks again for everything and may success ahead of each and everyone of us.

cheers!!! (personally like this pic a lot..)

a group pic with our 'manager', Mr. Teddy. (thanks for everything sir)

last debriefing and feedback with Mr. Teddy...(ignore Charles)

beside thank you, still have to say thanks once again to those who turn up and support us for the past 10 weeks. Sorry if our service and food is not up to the standard you expected but we are improving from time to time. Sorry for all the inconvenient but thanks very much for not giving up on us and give us chance to improve ourselves. Without you all, we are nothing. Thank you!!!

by the time we break through all these obstacles in front of us, we will reach our dream..there and then, happiness will be with us...

It is about an end of another chapter in my life, where will I go next? Is my destiny in my own hand or in someone else hand?? Only time will tell...and time flies!!! So my destiny is on the way...

counting down : 2 weeks to final exam...

notice that imeem had changed their playlist into 1 big junk, anyone can recommend me something smaller and more suitable for my blog?? I need a change because it spoil my blogskin.

No comments: