Monday, July 07, 2008

movie marathon

It has been awhile since I was updated with the latest movies due to financial crisis and price increasing on basic needs. My last movie watching in cinema was Iron Man.

well, basically I was so outdated because most of them who watch movie stays in Sunway area and seriously I got no mood to spend money on watching movies. I rather spend my time at home sitting in front of computer and online...

oh wait...I can do something with the internet connection I have. hmmmmmm~

ok, as you all should know. As long as our beloved streamyx is stable...we can do many things online. One of them is watch movies online. You have crunchyroll, youtube...bla bla bla and etc

beside that, as a cost saving internet user like me...you can actually 'rent' these movies from the internet. Where they are stated 'To-rrent' (double R with reason) on those movies.

I 'rent' a few movies on the week days and week before. Finally I have the intention to watch them and here it go...my home alone movie marathon~

P.S. I Love You - a very beautiful romance movie starring Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank. It is about a happily married couple been separated with the death of the husband,Gerry and eventually Holly, the wife is depress with the lost of her love one. But miracle happen when she starts receiving letters from her husband which guide her how to move on with her life without him around.
I 'rent' this movie and watched it on Thursday

ps I Love You~


Run Papa Run - a very entertaining family movie directed by Sylvia Chang or better known as Zhang Ai Jia. Louis Khoo and Rene Liu has worked together before in 'Happy Birthday' and here is their second movie. A very unique HK movie which I personally like it very much.

It is about a gangster head played by Khoo named Lee Tin-Yun who marry Mable (Rene) on the minute she is giving birth to their daughter, Lee Tian-Yi. Then is it how a gangster try to change himself and give his family a normal life.
I chunchyroll it on Friday night.

Over Her Dead Body - a comedy romance movie starring Eva Longoria Parker, Paul Ruud and Lake Bell. It started when Kate (Eva) and Henry (Paul) who is about to get married before Kate was killed by an ice sculpture on her wedding day. Henry was depressed and went to meet psychic, Ashley (Lake) who claimed that she can talk to spirit. Somehow they fell in love and Kate came back to stop Ashley from doing so by disturbing her daily life.

an USA movies website has just voted this as the worst movie in first half of the year.haha
I 'rent' it and watched on Saturday afternoon.

Be Kind Rewind - a comedy, sci-fi movie starring Jack Black and Mos Def. It is about Jerry (Black) whose brain becomes magnetized unintentionally destroys every tape in his friend, Mike 's(Def) video store. In order to satisfy the store's most loyal renter, an aging woman with signs of dementia, the two men set out to remake the lost films. Eventually people living in that area love their remake productions and they make more movies after that.

Been voted as 3rd worst movie in first half of the year by an USA movies website but I personally think it is a good movie.
I 'rent' and watch it on Saturday late night.

Superhero Movie - a comedy starring Drake Bell, Sara Paxton and Christopher McDonald. Actually there are 1 big bunch of actors/actresses in this movie but most of them just played a small part in the movie. Basically it is a combination of several movies and characters which add in lameness to make it funny.

Just watch it and laugh your ass out.
I 'rent' it and watched on Sunday morning.

Tentang Cinta or About Love - a romance movie from Indonesia starring Sheila Marcia,Vino G. Bastian and Hayria Faturrahman. It all happen after Sheren's (Marcia) fiancee Ray died because of some decease. Then she met Evan (Bastian) and eventually they fell in love. But in between Evan's ex Audy (Faturrahman) appear again and she got the same decease as Ray which is why she left Evan and said she fell in love with another guy. But actually she just dont want him to see she suffer. There it goes, conflict between 3 persons.

ps: thanks for recommending..hehe
"cinta itu bukan buta, iatu memahami"(love is not blind, its understanding)
a line from the movie...

I youtube it on Sunday afternoon, 12 parts in total with no subtitle...

Kung Fu Panda - an animated comedy, action, family movie with the sounds of Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Ian McShane, Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Seth Rogen and many more...I bet most of you had watch this, so I dont really need to explain what it is all about...

1 line caught my attention when Master Oogway told Po the Panda
"yesterday is history, tomorrow is mistery and today is a gift, that is why it calls present"
meaningful phrase...

I 'rent' and watched it on Sunday evening...

so thats it, my 7 movies in 4 days movie marathon. Thanks to technology and streamyx.
more movie marathon to come...but dont think I will blog it out..

3 more weeks to final exam..time really flies!!!

wish I could watch movies with you~

No comments: