Friday, June 05, 2009

met world famous peoples...

There is only 1 more business plan report and 3 finals to go before I can head back to my home land once again. Finally, I have some time to walk all the way to Golden Mile Complex to buy the bus ticket. Not that I am super busy, but I am just pure lazy.

On Thursday about an hour before my 4pm class starts, I leave my cave earlier and head to Bugis. Consider as one of the most strategic places in Singapore if you ask me. They have everything in Bugis or Beach Road or further down to North Beach Road and etc.

After around 15 minutes walk from Bugis station, I saw Golden Mile Complex. Similar to Pudu Raya with no parking slots for busses, they only sell tickets and busses park around the building. It is also known as Little Thai.

Before I reach GMC, I was shocked to see this...

St.John Ambulance Singapore HQ...

It is located about 100m from GMC and I didnt notice it the day I first came to Singapore when the bus stop at GMC. Well, just sharing cause used to be a member back in school days. (check my facebook photo albums on The Glorious Days and The Real Glorious Days)

After got my ticket, time to really enjoy what is around this area with about 40 minutes to spare before class starts.

I was kind of lucky as the sky is very cloudy which means not sunny at all, so it was a great journey and great time to walk around. Just that photos wont look so nice with cloudy sky.

Across the street are all old shops whereby they are only 2 storey high and they converted them for modern business like restaurants, sport centers, pubs, cafe and also boutiques.

vandalism which is a big No No in Singapore, but can be seen at the back streets.

the back street before reaching Raffles Hospital. I took a walk and they have Arabian Cafe for Shisha, local designed clothes, tattoo, weird costume shops and also massage centre. I dont have much time to walk in front of both blocks so a walk at the back street can see what they have from both sides.

Then I come to one of the most eye catching building around this area.

I can see it from my college and always call it the Gotham City like building.

You ask me why?? I'll tell you why...

cause that 4 dudes holding their ball on top of the building.

well, it is Parkview Square and it is one of the most expensive office building. Ya, it is not a 6 stars hotel or museum but it is an office building. I did google it which is where I found out it is an office building. This is the coolest office building I have ever seen.

I always look at it from far and today I have my opportunity to come close to the building. So, went closer and took a look.

The walk way in front of the building. It is like another area when you step into this place, totally different from others in Bugis area.

another Gotham like sculpture on top of the walk way

The Golden Crane sculpture in the middle of the park.

the ancient Greek/ Rome look alike vase on both side of the building entrance

besides greeted by the Golden Crane and ancient vase, there are 8 bronze famous figures in the world history with 4 a side.

they are...

Dante Alighieri, an Italian famous poet who is called the "Father of the Italian Language"

Salvador Dali, the Spanish painter who best known for the striking and bizarre images of his surrealist work.

Frederic Chopin, a Polish composer and virtuoso pianist and also one of the great masters of Romantic music.

Isaac Newton, one of the most influential men in human history who discover gravity

Plato, the classical Greek philosopher, mathematician, writer of philosphical dialogues and founder of Academy in Athens.

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United State who preserbing the Union and ending slavery

Winston Churchill, a Brithish politician known chiefly for his leadership of the United Kingdom during World War II

Sun Yat-sen, the Chineserevolutionary and political leader and known as the Father of the Nation

other than these, there are few at both outer side of the park which can only be seen from the outside.

Rembrandt, the Dutch painter and etcher who known as one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art history

William Shakespear, the greatest writer in the English language and the world's preeminent dramatist

Pablo Picasso, the Spanish painter, draughtsman and sculptor who is one of the most recognised figures in 20th century art

according to Wikipedia, there are also Einstein and Mozart which I believe is on the other side or is it one of these??

they are much smaller and got no name below where they are standing, but I believe they are famous too.


after a quick tour outside the building, I have to rush back to attend my class but hopefully next time I will have the time to take a look inside the building.

and ohya, I am going back to KL on 20th June 7.30am bus. woohooo!!!

2 comments:

Kenny Choo said...

Lol my sis got the same reaction when she saw the SJAS building... lol all these hardcore St. John members

Edward Low Sew Yin said...

lol...not really a hardcore one anymore. just feel excited. same feeling like seeing the name Malaysia appear in other countries.