Tuesday, September 25, 2007

moon is round~

when I was young, mooncake festival aka lantern festival is one of my favorite festival..
we played candles ( torture insects, burn leaves and grasses , make pattern by arranging them)
we played lantern or better known as burning them..
whole family gather around and eat mooncakes, drink tea..chit chat
the moon is so round, so bright during that time..and it was only surrounded by the sound of happiness...

many years later, no more candles and lantern for people at my age...
we still eat mooncakes, but only eat at our own place..
no more gather around and chit chat...
despite, I can't see the moon this year!!!!
maybe the moon is too tired and dont feel like celebrating anymore..

even mooncake also changed..from traditional lotus seed paste filling to varieties of filings.
(white colour one is durian filling)
From traditional brown skin to white skin ( dont need to bake at all)

whatever that has changed for the passed 10 or 20 years..there is 1 thing that will never change.
when I was in primary school, there is one song specially sang for mooncake festival...
now I would like to recap back all of yours memory...


" Moon is Round"
sang by : Lelaki Bawah Kaki Gunung ( a long lost local chinese boy band)
translated by : Edward low

(chorus)
moon is round, moon is round,
moon light shine on my home,
home that got no spring summer autumn winter,
pass down thousand years,

kids now a days don't believe,
in the moon there is a rabbit,
homework and computer, cause them don't listen to old age myth,
when tall buildings, blocking that old age moon,
take the opportunity of this festival, let your children realise,
old age myth , is very well known,

[chorus]

-end of song-

I know my translation is sucky,just roughly translate it for you guys..
but this song is still in my mind until today...( there are actually hand movements where we will do it while singing the song...) -_-"

at this point, you must be thinking, " I though Edward already mentioned that he can't see the moon today. Then why there is a moon pic before this??"

well it is not a moon, to make myself and all of my readers feel better...I took a pic of the light at my living room..

am I just too free or what?? ( the legendary Chang-Er and rabbit in in my house!!)

the city is ready to welcome the darkness...but they are well prepared with lights!!!

HAPPY MOONCAKE FESTIVAL!!!!!!

No comments: