Sunday, October 21, 2007

Satay break....

when most of my college mates are busy doing their assignment, I went for satay!!! well, I tried to do it as well...but I stoned infront of the pc for whole afternoon until William suggests for satay at Gombak. (we planned it few weeks ago..finally, this is the TIME!!)

William, Andrew, Kelvin and me (empat ekor) head to Gombak about 8pm yesterday.

everyone will be thinking...why Gombak but not Kajang??

please wait...here I present you..
not so clear?? ( this is because William is driving..haha)

tag line " for the real taste of Satay Kajang"

info from William approved by Lynn D...
most famous in Kajang and they have 3 storey high shop just selling satays and in Kajang itself, they have 3 outlets just 2 blocks away from each other (if not mistaken)

they even have a website "www.satekajang.com.my" ( it is under construction...)

Before we settle down..this thing caught our eyes...

the cashier is so damn busy...money coming in as fast as satays going out..

their satay grilling kitchen is the biggest I've ever see..and they dont turn satay 1 by 1 but maybe 50 by 50...
they have a tiny little kitchen beside to prepare other dish such as fried rice (who cares about fried rice?? we want SATAYs!!!!)

okay okay...introducing~

pure peanut gravy/ kua/ sauce or whatever you want to call it....(come in 1 big bowl...)

add in this, dry chillies oil..
and it will turn into...

spicy peanut gravy...(not really spicy..)

Satays without ketupat , cucumbers and onions are just so not right...(they dont serve onions)
but still okay with this 2...

I know I know...you guys want me to cut the craps and bring out the main character of the night...here you go...

1 shot we have 50!!!!

not enough...try something else~

satay ikan...have fish skin on it as well (dont ask me what fish they use...I dont know)

Satay Rusa...looks like satay kambing, but taste and smells better!!!

It cost us RM15.55 per person plus beverages...I think its okay gua...
gain weight!!!! omg...

after consuming soooooooooooooo much meat..we decided to take a walk..

"eh...pasar malam at Taman Muda??"

NO!!!!! this is at Ampang!!! and pasar malam will never have chinese opera performance....

andrew " the background very cheaplak..."
me " duh...I've been seeing it for the passed 18 years"

those who know hokkien (I guess) can be on stage right away...all you need to do is memorise the dialogue/ song...

sadly, we went on the last day...but it seems like no different compared to pasar malam. They are pirated cd sellers, toys, junk food, wedding gown!!!! =_=" Just that they some of them are selling vegetarians and there are more smokes on the sky...

william " all these selling stalls is for charity??"(because the venue is a temple)
edward " NO...they are doing business"

only those older generations come for the right reason...but not our generation..
even 3 first timer to this place ( I came here almost every year) we only took 30minutes from where we parked our cars, walk 1 round, stoned awhile and go yum cha....

the main reason why there are so crowded for the passed 9 days...(but not all come for the same reason)

by the way, this is kau wong yeh ( until now I still dont know how to spell it...)

heavy rain for the passed 9 evenings...looks like it has comes to an end~

**back to work!!! MICE management is killing me~

**United are leading 4-1 against Aston Villa..weee!!!!

2 comments:

sweehong said...

hello edward!! nah this time i got read ur blog la.. read word by word from top to bottom.. 'you xin le ba??' hahaha..
yer i want satays also.. u know la me in kedah everyday eat hostel food wan..already no pork la..what more satay..:(

Edward Low Sew Yin said...

haha, thanks lo...very touched now, want to cry already...
satay a? go penang eat la...