Friday, September 25, 2009

Holiday in Singapore (Day 2)

After walking the whole Ochard Road, Vivo City and Siloso Beach. I can barely feels my legs, so I slept at 12am plus and didnt know what is their plan for next day besides having buffet lunch in one of the hotels. Of course I wont join them. Seriously I dont see the benefit of having buffet on a trip, besides eating lots of food, there is just waste of time. If I am a tourist, I would rather use those time to explore more!

So, I woke up and take my own sweet time having breakfast, online then lunch. It is first day of Raya anyway. As I was about to have my lunch (my aunt cook rigatoni with anchovies, fish ball and meat ball soup, Chinese style), the Muslim neighbour living opposite gave some traditional Malay food for lunch. Perfect timing!!!

curry chicken, chili sotong, belacan chicken, lotong and ketupat for lunch!!!

Then got a sms at 12pm asking me to meet them in City Hall Station at 12.30pm. One word, Impossible!!! and it was raining heavily. Once the rain stop, I rush out and try my best to reach City Hall as soon as possible. As I reached Dhoby Ghaut interchange, Lee Keng said meet at Bugis instead. So I go to Bugis and wait.

Then she sms again and said, they are shopping in Robinson at Raffles City. I have to wait some more. =_=" (same like yesterday only...) But lucky me, its Sunday, its Raya first day and I am in one of the most crowded MRT station in Singapore, Bugis! Got myself a bottle of Ice Lemon Tea and waited in front of the station's exit for 1 whole hour! But with my iPod on and my eyes glancing through every single hot chick walks pass me...time flies!!!

Soon, they arrived and we walked around Bugis Junction..

more hot chicks!!!

Then to Bugis Street, actually just walk through it to go to Bencoolen. Again because of aunties and grandma, plus its hot and humid and crowded everywhere. So didnt walk much.

thats Lee Keng and her friend who works in Singapore, Joseph before crossing the road to Bugis Street.

Mid Autumn Festival's decoration with HUGE non-eatable mooncake

and lantern

soon, enough we are looking for a place to sit and cool ourselves down.

there was a huge crowd surrounding some street performers.
its a golden age street performers that attracts golden age audiences...its a golden age area anyway. Bugis Junction and Bugis Street for youngsters, then these place for ah ma and ah pek.

all of them watching aunties singing and uncles dancing...

and this uncle is doing free style street dance on some classical hokkien song!!! He moved too fast until the photo is blur...power sial!

being typical Pang Lee Keng, she found something to obessed with in Singapore.

I dont know what to call this but Mr. Happy and etc etc...selling SGD1.80 per egg with 2 inside. Collectable items always attract peoples to buy. Collections of Lee Keng, her bro Alex and her 2 cousins, Mun Yee and Mun Hoe. I dont fancy it....

then we come to this famous dessert restaurant called Ice Monster to cool ourselves down. It is from Taiwan and have branches around Singapore, Japan, Korea, Hongkong and...Malyasia.

they serve fine desserts, but I didnt eat any cause its way too expensive for me.

yes, your eyes got no problem and my typing got no problem as well..

it is written on the menu...Malyasia!!! Disgrace for fellow Malaysians like me, should our government sue them??

then as they were enjoying the dessert, aunties and grandma wanted to go back hotel because they will be having Japanese food for dinner. They wanted to go back and get ready...

all I can say is, I wasted my entire afternoon for nothing. Apparently Lee Keng also kind of unhappy with their schedule but cant do anything. so, after sending them off by taxi again. ouch!

I went to Dhoby Ghaut and walk around all by myself.

evening sky...

Dhoby Ghaut is where the palace located and its actually located at Ochard Road. But Ochard station is red line while Dhoby Ghaut is purple line. Now you can see how small convenient Singapore is.

Nothing much to walk around Dhoby Ghaut but Plaza Singapura.

I just walk through entire building and look for food to eat.

after surveying around, I finally decided to have something hot again!

B.F.F. from Chippy...10 pieces of fish and some chips. Deep fried!!!

after suffering from 1st degree burn when eating my 6 takoyaki yesterday, I suffer yet another burn in my mouth. Some skin got peel off in my mouth. Ouch!!

But I enjoy it and went home without feeling tired at all, because their last day will be the best day and most tiring day. =D

2 comments:

kh said...

sgd 1.80 ... here its free if you purchase a bottle of juice... now no more already

Edward Low Sew Yin said...

haha, i buy for people. not for me