Tuesday, September 29, 2009

klak key

On Thursday, we have been asked to attend an internship briefing in college at 4pm. After staying at home objectivelessly. Ya, after exam. Our holiday in Singapore is just holiday whereby we looking forward to get a placement for internship. Mine is more "happening" because of Lee Keng and co. visited Singapore on weekend and an interview on Tuesday. After the interview, I got nothing much to look forward to anymore until Thursday.

Before going to college, we decided to walk around in Clarke Quay during lunch time. A place that is much more happening at night but leave me no choice to explore it on day time. Been here once at night about 4 years ago during Christmas and once for lunch with uncle Hong's family.

This is the first time I really walk around to see what is Clarke Quay all about. I know I will see more at night, but what can I do. Maybe next time it will happen.

No doubt Clarke Quay is a trendy place.

the seats around the area..

trendy foldable ice cream stall...cool!!!

Singapore River that connecting Clarke Quay and Boat Quay

we crossed the bridge and find out not so happening yet because it was still day time, so we went back to where we came from and find for place to have our lunch.

the more happening place once the sun goes down

we have our lunch at food court because we cant afford good food

we ate western food, purchase of 4 dollars and above in a single receipt can get an Ice Kacang at half price. But we only have one receipt, but the stall's owner asked another stall to give us one of their receipts so we can get 2 ice kacang at a price of one. never expect to get such good service at food court. not because they give us another receipt to buy ice kacang, but the way the owner communicate with us.

spaghetti with grilled pork chop, fries and ice kacang. =D

Knowing that Singapore is a small country and after Monday exploring Raffles Place all the way back to Bugis. This time we tried to walk from Clarke Quay back to Bugis which is possible.

crossing the road and going to Raffles Place

how to find Raffles Place?? follow the tall buildings of course!

is that simple!

walk through all the shop lots

and you will come to Boat Quay, the other end will be where Fullerton Hotel located

then we walk around to find our way to Esplanade like what I did few days back, but unfortunately it is close to F1 GP. So most of the walk way have been blocked and no way we can walk through without ticket. damn!!!

but we came to the opposite of Esplande.

the real Merlion that kept vomiting for many years. He/She got striked by lightning on his/her head few months back. seriously I still dont know it's gender.

closer look on Marina Bay Sands Resort, another place I hope to get a job from.

since we cant walk all the way to Bugis because of road block, so we have been forced to take MRT from Raffles Place. Kind of cool though, because Clarke Quay is purple line and Raffles Place is red line. Singapore is very convenient even by walking!

after the so called briefing whereby lecturer told us things that we alread knew. I got my letter from college and need to hand to Hotel Royal @ Queens' HR department.

need to wait for around 2 to 3 weeks before Singapore approved my training pass, so next thing I do is. GO BACK TO KL!!!

the hotel that I will be having my internship at if everything goes well. I rejected their full time job offer anyway. I am quite sure I can get a better job after graduate in Singapore.

No comments: