Sunday, September 06, 2009

relationship from parenting?

John Gray said how we react in a relationship is deeply related to how our parents react or what we observed from our parents.

example, if dad and mom are lovely all the time. Son will know how to be loving to their partner and daughter will know how to react as well.

on the other way, if dad always at work and mom is the one who do everything at home, daughter will wants to find a man that can stay at home with her for most of the time. She will feel lack of security if her man not being able to be with her.

Mom who always in control to make sure everything in control, son will somehow felt annoyed if the partner slightly in control as well

and the list goes on...

true?? not true?? depends...

but after reading that chapter, I sit back and think...

I think about people around me, is that why my brother still dont have girlfriend because he is much more less aggresive than me and really dont know what to do. But he is good in communicating, as in real good until you need to ask him shut up to get few seconds of silent.

what about William? met his parents for many times. His parents are lovely couple as far as I can see. Is there where he get the knowledge and guideline from? Is what he saw since young gave him the courage to make a move to the girl he have feeling on? Not to mention, William have a happy family.

what about Chin Yi? Family with 6 or 7 siblings. Parents work early morning till afternoon and left them at home since young. They have to survive by themselves. Is that why she felt insecure all the time and lack of confident?? Is that why she always have this negative feelings because is deep inside her since young?

why do some can change partner few times a year, some will die die also stick with that person no matter how suck it is, some will just do as what they want and happy together all the me???
does all these happen cause they saw it, they experienced it and they feel it??

so, I look at myself and think...

I dont have an example to follow at home since I was a small kid because my dad was not around. All I can see is love from my mom to me and my brother. Where do I learn how to communicate with women? Who is the one who guide me? Who should be the one who teach me how to react, what to say, what to do, when to do, when to say and etc...

all I can think off is movies and tv shows...the typical fantasy happy ending with little bit of tragedy in between. The typical bump in the library, knocked down in the grocery store, accident brought two together, love on the first sight and so on...

never happen to me at all and seriously I am suck at approaching girl. I dont have the courage and confident to step forward and say "hey, how are you doing?" I dont even dare to look at girl the second when she look back, i will look away. =_="

I am typing this not because I am desperate or emo, just a self-reflection on what is going on. After reading that chapter, I realize that I am forming my own guidance on how to get into a relationship. I am doing my own way which I dont even know is right or wrong. Sometimes I will think, how the heck can I do what the hero did in that movie? No such thing will happen to me and I have to be realistic. But my mom only told me, dad wait for her at her work place and bring her drink "tong sui" every night. Thats how things start...

thats all I know, bring a girl out everyday and slowly she will fall for you. haha.

imagine if you bump into a girl on the street and all her groceries fall. Will she smile at you? or will she bitch scold you?? or will she take out her pepper spray immediately??? (does girls at our age buy groceries anyway??)

what about look at a girl for a very long time and then approach her when no one is around her?? Will she smile back at you or give you this "what the fuck do you want?" look?? or will she says "pervert" and walk away??

but it works in the movies....so what? is a movie anyway. Everything got planned nicely to make it work.

ah ma and me at Australia back in 2003

any thoughts from you guys? what do you think? Am I thinking too much?

ps: William and Chin Yi, hope it didnt offence you both.

No comments: