Sunday, May 31, 2009

bend it all the way...

I've been waiting this for so long and after more than 4 months of waiting, finally its completed and its in my external hard-disk now. I planned to watch it after exam or during my holiday but I cant do it...instead, I finish 3 seasons in less than a week.

well, I am not talking about Heroes, Prison Breaks or Lost. Not some adult fancy drama or series. Its just a kid shows for some, but for me, it is the most awesome animated series I've watched in my entire life. (for now at least...)

I admit I dont watch Japanese anime which most probably they can 'ta pao' this, but this is my favorite favorite one...it is


This animation catch my attention few years back when it was first aired in TV3 in the morning on one weekend. But dont have much chance to catch it week in week out as that time still dealing with school stuff and activities during weekend. So, on and off I watch some episodes and dont really know what is going on.

about 4 years later, I finally got all 3 seasons and I finish watching them in less than 1 week. They called it Book 1 to 3 by the way.

Book 1 - Water, took me few days because of assignments.


Then I spent Friday evening and Saturday whole day to finish Book 2 - Earth and Book 3 - Fire. Its been awhile since I did such crazy marathon watching a show for sometime, the last time I remember should be when I watch 1 Litre of Tears in 2 to 3 days time and also Heroes Season 1 in few days time.

I know I am kind of out to date because it was first aired in 2005 and Book 3 ended at last year July. But never too late I guess.

More about the Avatar, The Last Airbender?? google it...

the map...

As I was watching the show, in my mind kept thinking what if there is a movie on this. It will be damn cool because of all the effects. After finish watching it, suddenly have this ohm to search for more information about this show.

Then I came across with this 'The Last Airbender' by M. Night Shyamalan coming soon on July 2010. o_O"

M. Night Shyamalan??? the one who directed Signs, The Six Sense, Lady in The Water and The Happening??? That creepy dark movies director??

I dont know how to react but hopefully it will be good. It will be a Trilogy and Shyamalan only will be the director for Book 1. But fans around the world has been protesting and criticising about the cast as all of them are Westerners instead of Asian since the show is taken place mainly in the Asian context.

Lets hope it wont be another Dragonball disaster, although Chow Yun Fatt was in or Chun-Li disaster even super hot Kristin Kreuk was in.

although the history of Avatar The Last Airbender is not as long as Dragonball and Streetfighter, hope this Hollywood film makers dont destroy another all time favorite award winning animated series again.

another thing, all the main characters are below 18 year old with the Avatar, Aang who is only 12 year-old. Maybe another Hobbit's effect can turns some well grown adult into a small kid again...no further comment until the official trailer is out next year maybe.

Until then, enjoy this...might makes you wanted to watch all 3 Books right away.

No comments: