Thursday, May 14, 2009

tongue dance awhile...

It was Mother's day last Sunday.

So, cousin sis invited us to have dinner with her and her husband at Suntec City. Not really crowded at the beginning and maybe everyone is still watching movies or doing some family activities. We reached quite early despite my uncle drive 50 km per hour. Cant expect much cause his eye sight not really good and my other cousin sis is too afraid to drive.

After walking around for some time, we met with other cousin sis and her husband and went to House of Sudanese Food for dinner.

they serve Indonesian food

with the tagline, 'makes your tongue dance" since I was 1 year old...wow, my tongue must be tired after dancing for 20 years.

I expect the food will be super spicy since it is from Indonesia. I dont fancy spicy food but if it is meant to be spicy, it has to be spicy. So, they make the order while I just looking around and snapping around.

center piece with Anglung...traditional Malay's music instruments.
each size for 1 note only, no wonder malays want to many kids.

wall deco with real charcoal...

the Sundanese pillar i think...

wooden menu cover...

snacks before meal...

crackers with spicy sambal and soy sauce. With the sambal, I believe that my tongue will starts dancing for this whole meal.

barley lime...refreshing~

something new which I think we can do it at home when mom boil barley water...

here comes the food we ordered...

Malay style kangkung (maloi fung guong) = not spicy at all

bean curt with herbs = not spicy

charcoal grilled fish = not spicy

BBQ chicken = cant be spicy

Rendang beef = not spicy too even with all the chillies on top!!!

Belacan petai, too small plate and I didnt have a chance to taste even a piece of it but i know, surely not spicy as well...

Grilled Squid = cant be spicy

Deep fired bean curd = cant be spicy as well...

and white rice...

I ate with all the gravy they have, but I barely taste the spiciness of Indonesian food here after the snacks at the beginning.

Which means my tongue dance awhile and then fall to the ground and never dance again...

Very dissapointed because I didnt sweat or non stop drinking water...

Maybe its because my uncle and auntie cant take spicy food...or is it still the Singapore's taste thingy going on here?? Singaporean's taste bud is different from us...

they even sells human which is cheaper than half a chicken....interesting eh??

No comments: