Saturday, May 02, 2009

so fishie-o...

Its May and its Labour Day!!!
Working class peoples having holiday and eventually students also have holiday. But no difference for me since I really got no class on friday.

Got a surprising sms from Denis, my eldest cousin bro who live in Singapore asking me to join him and his wife for dinner. I said surprising because he is kind of busy on his work and social life with clients and friends, so is kind of surprise after nearly 4 months of being in Singapore. Finally he have time to meet me.

The last time I met him, I think should be 3 or 4 years back???

Went to Great World City again, check the Japanese buffet entry few weeks back. The whole place was very crowded and every restaurant had a long queue due to public holiday.

This time is also for Japanese food again, but not buffet style. We waited for 10 minutes before getting our seats.

the place...

Ichiban Boshi located at ground floor in Great World City and its more like a sushi bar like Sushi King. But their specialty is fish!!! Beside dine in, they also sell pack by pack.

choosing sushi...

Due to public holiday, those impatient customers are willing to bring the whole sushi bar back home to enjoy. All of them are freshly prepared and actually there are more on the other side.

Besides sushi, they also sell other Japanese products like dressing, beverages and others...

things...

the restaurant...

the center piece...

As I said, their specialy is fish. The moment we got our seats, Denis went to order sashimi while me and Siew Huey looking at the menus.

We ordered green tea and a bottle of sake for both me and Denis.

sake glass and green tea cup.

cold sake...

But it was not col enough, more like a room temperature sake. So got a bowl of ice water to keep it chilled.

I cant really make up my mind and ended up order something I dont even know what is it. After awhile, the sashimi came.

fresh fish sashimi (not sure what fish is this...)

This remind me of the news reporter in Spongebob.

soft shell crab sushi

steam cod fish with soy sauce.

hot plate beef with something on it...

tuna sashimi

deep fried pork with salad. (dont worry, eat pork wont get influenza A H1N1)

All these ordered by Denis and Siew Huey and the one I order shocked all of us when it was served on the table.

the super set...

not just that, it actually has 2 layers.

whole set consist of a bowl of rice, tempura deeping sauce, ginger, miso soup, pan fried fish, medium well salmon, fish tempura, soft shell crab, cawamushi and taufu. (I didnt finish the rice though)

Told you their specialty is fish. Almost every dish have fish and mine have 3 types of fish.

Its great to finally meet up with them again ever since their wedding back to 2005. Miss the chance to meet them on 2 CNY due to training in Penang and study in Singapore while they went back to KL.

Had great talk with them, chit chat about life, opinion about food in Singapore, future life, family...etc etc. Nothing beats the family bond, well unless someone really screw it up. Hope to see them again cause cousin Edwind will be back to KL from Canada and will drop by in Singapore first.

It was really a great evening with both of them. Thanks!!!
well, dont have any pic of them. Maybe in future will take some pic with them.

No comments: