Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Eat Forrest Eat

If you look at my blog header, it is links up with this following entry. Everything started when I was still stonning in Singapore and when some complain about my blog skin makes their eyes pain. During that time, Pui Ee, a mass comm student from Taylors is super free so she agreed to make a header for my blog. I owe her 1 meal because of this...

we've been talking about what to have for many weeks until I came back to KL and suddenly she craved for salad. So our starting point is looking for place to have salad. After about a week of planning then end up we decided to try out some fancy food for once in our life time.
On monday afternoon, we went to The Curve. It was my first time being there after several times visited Ikea cause of my brother.

Yes, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is the place...

heard about it and read about it...now it is time to experience it.

The interior I would rather says its an Alabama style because there is where Forrest Gump from. Ya, the concept is based on Tom Hank's movie named Forrest Gump with famous quote like "Life was like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get"

the whole restaurant is decorated with photos from the movie and any other things that is related to the movie.

entrance from our seats...

wall at our seats...

everywhere you can see Tom Hank's face and famous quotes from the movie. To be honest, both of us didnt watch this movie before and after visiting this restaurant, I really feel like wanted to watch this movie badly.

ps: who have this show, please borrow me. I want to see Forrest Gump run~

the beverages and dessert menu on a ping pong bat with a plat says "Run Forrest Run"
When you shows this, service staffs will ignore you cause they are 'Forrest' and this sign is telling them to keep moving.

But if you wanted their attention, you have to switch it to "Stop Forrest Stop". Then only they will come to you. We dont have to raise our hand, this is so useful for lazy people like us.

all these were explained by the spontanious waiter with his weird slank english that we cant really understand at all but still trying our best to listen to his explaination.

the bucket with sauces, vinegar and a roll of tissue.
I think this is the only fancy restaurant that provide lousy quality serviette and no one will complain about it. haha

Then while we were stoning with the menu and thinking what to order, a waiter came to recommend us to start with some drinks. (I learnt that during my diploma time too)

So I ordered a Mama's favorite and Pui Ee got a Mango Sparkler.

Then after stone for awhile more, we placed our order and continue stonning.

This is Pui Ee with her trademark face... =_="

While we continue stoning, a waiter came and entertain us with some trivia questions about Forrest Gump. For both of us who never watch the movie before somehow got 2 out of 3 right. Thanks to me who is too free to look around.

no 1. Where does Forrest Gump from?
Alabama. (so obvious, almost half of the menu has this name.)

no.2 Who is Forrest Gump's girlfriend?
Jenny. (somehow I asked about this name when I saw it on the menu)

no. 3 What is Forrest Gump's number? (this is not the full question but this is what I heard)
Answer is 44. His football jersey number.

What a way to entertain customers and make our waiting time shorter. Then he brings out 6 tiny sticks and form 2 triangles.

He asked us to move only 1 stick to form 4 triangles.

Pui Ee is totally blur and I am quite sure I saw this before but just not in my mind for that moment. So we play with it and tried our best by cheating as well...

4 triangles la!!!! we did it!!!! =_="

then our drinks came...

my Mama's favorite. Not my mom's favorite but is Forrest Gump's mom's favorite. lol.

Its a cocktail with kahlua, vanilla and some other ingredients which I cant remember. I expected it to be something like Forest Black Irish but it taste abit different and the drink is BIG!!!

Mango Sparkler...a non-alchoholic beverage for a girl who is below 20. XD

then we continue to stone with that 2 triangles until our main purpose for this visit been serve on the table.

Tossed Chicken Salad (not the real name)
lettuces, tomatoes, cabbage, grilled chicken cutlets, avocado with sweet sour dressing. Couldn't tell what is it but I like the taste.

our maincourse came at the same time as well, because this salad is a heavy salad and not an appetiser.

my Bourbon Street Baramundi (recommended by the waiter)
Its grilled Cajun-spiced baramundi fish with bourbon street sauce and grilled shrimps on top of mashed potatoes. Two thumbs up with a tongue sticking out at the side of my mouth.

Pui Ee's Salmon and Veggie Skillet
Grilled salmon and fresh asperagus, carrots and lots of onions with garlic herb butter and capers on Jasmine Rice. She couldn't finish it but should be two thumbs up from her as well.

Before we started to enjoy our meal, we asked the waiter to solve the problem he set for us.
So he moved one stick and form 4 triangles in front of us...

o_O" -------> =_="

ok, we were blur that time.

so we have our meal and by the time we finish our salad and main course, we were bloated and couldn't really move.

burp~

But I already ordered a dessert, kind of regret cause we are very full at that time. We put the dessert on hold for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Then the dessert came...

Chocolate Chips Cookie Sundae.
vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate sauce on top of a chocolate chips cookie. Burp burp burp burp~~

we didnt managed to finish it and its kind of waste. My advise, dont order dessert first. Only order it after finishing your main course if you still can eat.

Total, we both spent RM 164.90 which is the highest we have ever spent on a meal. But its worth and I highly recommend you guys out there to give it a try. Treat yourself some proper good food after hard work, but not often ofcourse. haha

No comments: