Wednesday, April 08, 2009

tradition or go green?

Last Sunday, I woke up at 7am after yumcha section with friends until 4am. Slept for less than 3 hours and have to wake up early in the morning to harm the ozone layer, digging a bigger hole on Mother Earth's skin...

We gather around and burn houses

then we also burn cars...


some even burn computers...

well, it is a 3 weekend activities where people burn whatever they want to and WWF will never take action about it...

yes you are right, its Ching Ming time...time to pay respect to our ancestors by sacrifising our planet Earth. I missed past 2 years due to training and something on...modern people I guess, dont think it will last long though.

First stop we went to Guong Dung Yi San to pay respect to my dad and grandma.

Dont think I am an ass who dont care about my dad for the past 2 years ok? All I think is all these 1 year once thing is nonsense, just like Valentine's Days or Mother's Day where we have to do some special thing for the special one on this special day. Get what I mean??

But I go along with family this year because I came back from Singapore and just feel like doing it.

Its like a market below the pagoda.

Selling ice cream and cold drinks as early as 8am is nothing wrong for these days due to hot weather.

part of the polluted KL...

ingredients to destroy Mother Earth...

luckily my family already simplifies it, still burn but only a small amount. Can't stop them, it is a tradition.

From here we can see the contrast and determine whether this will last long or not..

while the older generations are suffocating...

the younger generations relaxing outside with fresher air...

this explain why can I get this pic... XD ( I am the younger generations what..)

this is the only place you need to rush and get the spot, if not you have to line up and wait. Now a days more and more people prefer to be burned rather than burried. They are actually building second pagoda behind the old one...this shows the demand for it is higher now.

After that, its time to do some proper exercises and some hiking...

got this before reaching our next stop to pay respect to my great great grand father.

family activities~~ clearing and cleaning the place.

We found yam and snails at the 'backyard' of great great grandfather's 'house'

Other than snails, ants...we also found big earth worms.

HUGE EARTH WORM!!!! (there few of them around us...)

We also been told that he was an engineer. We actually ask all the same questions every year for those that we are not so sure. Just wanted to find out some family histories that we will forget like the history we learned in school. Every year will ask again and again...

Then we went to his brother's 'house' deep inside...

a small one due to world war...

Then we went for hiking to my grandfather's 'house' as well as great grand parent's place...

busy uncles aunties behind with stone cousin and bro...

like this pic alot...cool eh??

when we are paying respect to my great grand parents, some malay tv drama shooting crew came to record some scenes...

and most of them wore black under the hot sun...sooooooooooo 'clever'

the sky treat us well that day, not really hot throughout the whole process and its kind of cloudy at the end then it started to rain when we were at our last spot.

thanks SKY!!!

maybe this is the last time for me...who knows?? few cousins and aunties already missed it for many years due work and studies. So I might be the next...oh wait, I already did for past 2 years. haha.

just wondering, should we stop this or not?? As Chinese, we create lot of pollutions due to our believe and tradition. hmmmmm....

No comments: