Saturday, April 18, 2009

full bo??

My whole week of boredom somehow ended with a great makan time. Few days back auntie asked me have any plan on Saturday or not because my cousin sis wanted to treat us makan. Knowing that this is a rare chance for me to taste good food or rather be free food, of course I dont have plan on that day. Not because I want free food, but I really dont have plan on weekend. Only think of staying in my stuffy room and online whole day.

Never have a clue on what food are we eating or where is that place until I get in her car. Words I heard that related to our objective are 'buffet' and 'eat all you can' in their conversation. Basically what I did was get into the car, go to that place, eat, get in the car and back home.

After knowing that we will be having buffet for lunch, I knew that my eating a little bit for breakfast was a wise decision. I woke up quite late anyway.

Come to this place called Great World City near Ochard. Its a shopping center that quite left out due to the development in Ochard. Not crowded even on weekend is what we can see. Because it is called Great World City, there are countries' flags above the center court as the so called decoration.


First thing I did was search for Jalur Gemilang.

It is hiding at one corner at the far side. Think about it, it has been awhile since I last sang Negaraku. Cant remember when was my last time singing it.

Ok, back to the topic. Buffet!!!

I still dont know what kind of buffet that we are going to have, thinking most probably is Chinese Dim Sum buffet because both my auntie and uncle are 70+. Dont think they will like any other type of buffet besides something that they are familiar with.

I just follow my cousin sis lead without any expectation. But I was laughing in my heart when I saw this...

Is it Japanese word anyway?? But it seems like it because of the english words on top.

Kuishin - Bo Daining is the restaurant name with 3 outlets and other 2 are in Jurong Point and Suntec City. They are having promotion on weekdays for SGD 20.90 per pax and weekend 30.09 per pax during lunch time. Dinner buffet is another price. Not sure about the exact price because I am not paying.

They place this huge promotion board right outside the restaurant to catch customer's attention. More details?? Go have a look!!!

It is more like Shogun rather than Jogoya. Smaller place and less varieties. Especially after my first time visit to Jogoya about 2 weeks ago. With the memory still fresh for me, obviously I will do the comparison. (sui bo??)

the seats on the right side of the entrance...

the hot dishes counter...

the soup counter with individual mini stove on each table...

the sashimi, soba counter...

view from entrance...

the dessert area...

So cleverly placed right at the entrance beside main course and far away from sashimi. Learn about this buffet set up during F&B service. haha. Only stupid customers will go for dessert right at the beginning due to the superbly display.

Here are the food I have...

some Japanese salad, oyster and prawns...

Then cousin sis got 2 type of soups for us, it was her 4th visits there so she is quite familiar with things around.

seafood soup...

veggie soup...

the soup taste great!!!

my second plate with sashimi and sushi...

Just few pieces sushi because dont want to fill my stomach with rice. Its funny when my auntie saw all the sashimi I have on my plate, she actually asked me to dip in the soup to get them cooked. When I eat them raw, she actually 'aiyeerrr' me. Totally classic. That is why I never expect my cousin sis to bring us to other buffet than Chinese buffet.

My aunt and uncle just have cooked food while me and my cousin sis eat the way that what a Japanese buffet is all about.

Cha-soba.

soft shell crabs, fried fish fillet, tempura prawns and takoyaki.

second attempt on oysters, white clams and cheesy scallops.

cawamushi.

The buffet lunch starts at 11.30am and ends at 3.00pm. But we reached there 1.00pm and took me 1 hour to eat all the food above and the next 1 hour is for dessert. But I am quite full already, didnt try all their desserts.

chocolate dips, creame puff, mochi, dorayaki and cakes.

Luckily their cakes are not in big portion which allowed me to try 2 cakes instead of just 1 big piece.

greentea vanilla ice cream.

been told it is home made ice cream but obviously cant beat Jogoya's branded ice cream. haha!
Atleast over here they have bigger plates and the place are not big either. All the food are in one straight line. Not like Jogoya where you have to walk 1 big round to get 1 food.

Overall the food are ok but I cant say much because this could be my last time to eat expensive food in Singapore until God knows when. So, just shut up and eat.

After lunch, just follow them walk around blindly. It was another day I skipped dinner in this month since my holiday. haha.

Now I am thinking, do I still can eat all these good food if I shift out?? Dilemma wei~

Teddy says "hug me..."

No comments: