Sunday, August 26, 2007

One Litre of Tears

Few weeks back, my friend recommended me to watch this drama "1 litre of Tears".
He said very touching, even second episode you can start crying. But that time I didn't bother about it and I know that 8tv is showing it on every Saturday.

yesterday I was very boring and wanted to watch 1 last drama before college start on Monday.
Go around crunchyroll and found this "1 Litre of Tears". So, I decided to watch it.


(from Wikipidea)

This drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled "One Litre of Tears" has sold over 1.8 million copies in Japan alone. Aya Kito proved her courage and positive attitude towards an uncertain future when suffering such an illness, spinocerebellar ataxia. The drama spans a decade, during which she graduates from school while her conditions worsen.

The story begins as Aya prepares for the new semester. Despite being happy, she suffers from slight physical problems, which only her mother seems to notice. However, one day, she falls unconsciously on the floor.

After she is sent to the hospital, she is shortly diagnosed with the disease. Despite the fact that she is diagnosed with the terminal illness, she does not lose the will to survive.


Aya Kito's diary " Litre no Namida" or "1 Litre of Tears" (also called "A Diary with Tears or A Diary of Tears" has been published after her death.
The diary, a true story based on her own life, was originally written in first person. It is about a girl coping with her teenage life along with a degenerative disease. She keeps a diary of not only what she does but how she feels and the hardships she must endure.

Erika Sawajiri played Aya Ikeuchi.

Hiroko Yakushimary played Shioka Ikeuchi (Aya's mum who played a big part in Aya's life especially when she has been diagnose with the disease)

Aya and her family during new year and her disease is getting more serious then before.

In the drama, a chracter named Aso Haruto has been added. The purpose is to fulfill late Aya's dream to be in love.

Pictures from her diary

Aya when she was just 15 year old. Still healthy and always with the friendly smile on her face.

Aya when she was 18. She needs wheelchair to assist with her movement.

Aya with her mom when she was 23 (the final stage of her disease). She is no longer able to speak and need the board to allow her to point out her message.

Aya's diaries which later been published into a full novel.

When she can't talk, can't walk and cannot do anything else. She can only write her diary. She said that this is the only way to show that she is still alive....

here are some lines from her diary.

If I were a flower, then now I would be a bud."

"I shall treasure the beginning of my youth without any regrets."

"This disease, why did it choose me?"

"Fate. It can't be put into words."

"I want to make a time machine and go back in time."

"If it wasn't for this disease,not only I could enjoy falling in love but I also wouldn’t have to rely on anyone and live by myself."

"I really don't want to say things such as 'I want to go back to how things were before.' "

"I recognize how I am right now, and I will continue to live on. Therefore I definitely won't run away. That's what I’ll do. Definitely, always. "

"Even if it's like that, I still want to stay here ,because this is the place where I am."

"If you look up at the sky after falling down ,the blue sky is also today stretching limitlessly and smiles at me...I'm alive."

"People shouldn’t dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that you're doing now."

"Reality is too cruel, too brutal."

"I don’t even have the right to dream."

"As I think about the future, the tears will come out again."

"Mom, can I get married?"

**I didn't really cry through out the whole drama like what my friends experienced. But at the final 2 episodes, my tears finally drop. Surprise me as well, I never cry for any drama nor movie before this. It has been a long time since I cried, this is my first time after few years I guess..I though that I wouldn't cry for this drama, but maybe it is based on a true story. (felt relief after dropping some tears, at least I am still emotional)

I really have to salute the way Aya live with her life, she did everything she could to make sure she will not regret. She is tough and strong..not many people can continue live on when found out they have such incurable disease.


Aya Kito. ( 19 July 1962 - 23 May 1988) **Rest In Peace.**

even until now, her strong fighting spirit is still being spread through her family and her diary.

**the song in my blog now is from the drama itself. "Only Human by K"

ps: thank you Google for providing all these informations and pictures.

here is a little about the real Aya and some interview for the drama.








Appreciate what is in front of you~

No comments: